Small Company. BIG Opportunity.
Interested in joining our talented team? City Wide of Boston is growing and we are always looking for individuals interested in growth, ongoing training, personal development and mentorship.
Join the City Wide of Boston Team & Discover a Supportive and Positive Culture
City Wide of Boston is seeking an Accounting Specialist to join our rapidly growing team! As a member of the finance team, this person will be responsible for daily accounting functions.
What you’ll love about working at City Wide
- Exceptional culture - we work to provide work life balance and a supportive team environment.
- We have fun – our team loves a friendly competition along with team building outings. Check out our Facebook to see our team! Facebook
- We have a heavy focus on training and development. As we grow, we want our team to grow with us.
- 3 weeks paid time off, in addition to 8 paid holidays
- We offer up to a 4% match for your 401K (no vesting schedule)
- Company sponsored health, dental and vision insurance
- 1 remote workday per week (after 90 days of employment)
- We care about our community – each team member is granted 8 hours of VTO (volunteer time off)
- We set our employees up for success. You’ll be welcomed on your first day in our bright, spacious office by your manager and the City Wide team, your technology set and ready to go, workstation organized with training materials and business cards, and your first training is with the owner of the company!
- Your voice and suggestions will always be heard and appreciated! City Wide welcomes new ideas and suggestions from our employees.
What drives success for this role
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors and clients
- Time management and ability to prioritize
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Support in month end closing procedures
- Generate and review monthly reports
- Receive, process, and reconcile statements
- Resolves client-billing problems in a timely manner
- Making outbound calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management
- Review and monitor assigned accounts
- 1-3 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Experience with accounting software and MS Excel
Who are we
City Wide provides Managed Services to commercial properties throughout Eastern and Central MA. We match the needs of our clients’ facilities with a qualified maintenance vendor and become a trusted extension of our clients’ team. We continue to pivot with the pandemic and have proven to be and essential and rapidly growing business. City Wide Facility Solutions Boston is a locally owned family business and a Massachusetts certified SDO Woman Business Enterprise.
City Wide of Boston’s company vaccination policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and all new hires must be vaccinated by the time they start employment, absent any religious or medical circumstances.
At present, an individual is deemed “fully vaccinated” when they have received, at least 14 days prior, either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson).
Meet Our Amazing Team
We encourage and applaud our team for sharing ideas that help us steer the company to new successes. In fact, the most successful ideas we have executed have come from our team. Bring your ideas to City Wide of Boston, and you will be heard.
A Message from the Owner
“We were excited to start this business because we had confidence in our ability to work hard to build a business that would have an impact on our clients and employees. We are fortunate to be surrounded by an amazing team of people and have a wonderful list of clients who value our approach.”
Karen W Sommers, Owner
- 3 Weeks Paid Time Off
- 8 Paid Holidays
- 1 Volunteer Day Off
- Company Sponsored Health, Dental and Vision Insurances
- 401K Plan with a 4% company match
- Training program and ongoing access to company e-learning platform
We’re Committed to Giving Back
Through regular company financial donations, company sponsored events, and our company paid volunteer time off program, City Wide of Boston strives to have a holistic approach to giving back to local communities and organizations that are important to all our employees.